random post

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Most Improved

I happened to meet the parents of one of my close middle school friends the other day. I was in a good mood, so I waved, and they cautiously said hi.

"Oh, I guess you don't remember me anymore. I'm Ryan, I was friends with Michael."

And just like anybody who hasn't seen me since 8th grade, the first comment I got was about the voice. Fine.

Then they started launching into this commentary of how I've become more good-looking and how I look intelligent now.

Well, thanks. Glad to know that you thought I was a hideous, pimply blob with the intelligence of a cantaloupe back then.



You can take a compliment about how you've changed either one of three ways.
1) Fuck you.
2) At least I've improved, unlike you.
3) Be a normal, polite person and graciously accept the compliment.

You can guess which option I took.

That's right - the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment